A new Commissioner of Police, Abubakar Lawal has taken over as the 25th Police Commissioner in Enugu Command of the Nigerian Police Force.
CP Abubakar takes over from CP.Mohammed Aliyu who has been redeployed to the Force Headquarters.
A statement signed by the Command’s Public Relations Officer, Daniel Ndukwe noted that until his promotion and posting as the Command’s Commissioner of Police, CP Abubakar was the Deputy Commissioner in-charge of Operations, Oyo State Command.
The statement reads:
“The Enugu State Command of the Nigeria Police Force wishes to inform the general public, especially residents of the State, that the newly posted Commissioner of Police of the Command, CP Abubakar Lawal , fdc, has today, 10th August, 2021, formally taken over and assumed duty as the 25th Commissioner of Police since the creation of the State.
He takes over from CP Mohammed Ndatsu Aliyu, psc, who has been redeployed to Force CID Abuja, as the CP in-charge of Anti-Fraud.
“CP Abubakar hails from Daura LGA of Kastina State and holds a Bachelor of Science (B.Sc) Degree in Sociology from the prestigious Ahmadu Bello University (ABU), Zaria. He enlisted into the Nigeria Police Force in 1990 as a Cadet Assistant Superintendent of Police and has grown to the enviable rank of Commissioner of Police, serving in different State and Zonal Commands, Formations and at the Force Headquarters, Abuja; as well as holding several positions, some of which include:
– Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO), Yobe State Command,
– Divisional Police Officer (DPO) of different Police Divisions in Borno and Kano State Commands,
– Assistant Commissioner in-charge of Port CID, Apapa, Lagos,
– Assistant Commissioner in-charge of South-West Border Patrol, Badagery, Lagos,
– Deputy Commissioner in-charge of Administration, Police Cooperative Society, Lagos,
– Deputy Commissioner in-charge of Operations, Zone-2 Zonal Command, Lagos,
– Deputy Commissioner in-charge of Administration, Zone-7 Zonal Command, Abuja,
– And until his promotion and posting as the Command’s CP, was the Deputy Commissioner in-charge of Operations, Oyo State Command.
“Similarly, he has attended several leadership and professional courses, workshops and seminars, some of which include: Junior Command Course, Intermediate Command Course as well as Tactical Leadership and Command Course, all of which he attended at the Police Staff College, Jos. He is also a graduate and Fellow of National Defence College, Abuja”.
“CP Abubakar, a consummate Senior Police Officer, has garnered a wealth of administrative and operational experiences spanning a period of over 30 years in the Force, which he has pledged to replicate in policing the State. He therefore, solicits the continued support and cooperation of Ndi Enugu, especially in the area of timely provision of credible information and intelligence required to curb existing and emerging crimes”.
“He is happily married and blessed with children”.