Crises has blown between the leadership of a foremost political group,South Political Watchdog ; following the statements made earlier by her president, comrade Sebastine Okafor, who called the for the first time recall of Hon Offor Chukwuegbo, the member, representing Enugu North and South in the federal House of representing.
In a statement made available to newsmen by the group’s secretary, they expressed their disappointment over the statement made by her national president.
“Hon Offor has been a wonderful legislator , that is respected across the nation and the world at large based on this sterling legislative ability and humanitarian activities.
Saying that he has not done anything, is a wrong statement as aside his numerous motions and bills sponsored, he has also done and attracted projects to his constituency between 2019 and 2020.
The Group also went further, to enumerate some of his innumerable achievements..
“just in the Year 2020 (COVID-19 Pandemic year) for the direct benefit of his constituents,
(1) Hon Offor Chukwuegbo released the sum of N10,000,000 which was shared to his constituents, to cushion the effects hunger, brought about by the pandemic.
(2) 100 persons drawn up from the 26 wards that make up Enugu North and South Federal Constituency benefited From an FG training project on snail farming, which he attracted to his constituency. The beneficiaries received a week long elaborate training in Snail farming with further comprehensive knowledge on been an “Agro-preneur”.
The beneficiaries were also given snail farming equipment and financial empowerment by the FG Agency in charge of the project;where Hon Ofor equally supported them personally with N2,000,000.00,the first of its kind in the constituency.
(3) Hon Offor Chukwuegbo also empowered 24 Constituents with ₦24 million as first phase of his Empowerment program to assist them in starting up a small business that would help them, to be helpful to the society.
(4) He distributed 26 tricycles (Keke Napep) to 26 persons across the 26 political wards in his constituency, as his 2nd phase of his empowerment scheme with an intention to carry out another, by December.
(5)Hon Offor Chukwuegbo, has an on-going Construction of a classroom block is on-going in one of the communities in Amaechi-Awknanaw and has also started the process of ensuring that, All the Rural communities in his constituency gets One classroom block each before the end of next year.
(6) Hon. Ofor has equally helped a lot of constituents to secure federal jobs in the FG recruitments that have been done this year amongst which includes :INEC, DSS AND EFCC. .
They also, called on their national presidents , to jettison the issuance of frivolous and acrimonious politically motivated statements on their behalf against noble men of the South East political zone.
“we therefore, call on the Comrade Sebastine Okafor, to as a matter of urgency, desist from attacking political leaders from the zone even as a known APC man, he should be benevolent with the truth.
” his statements on Hon Offor Chukwuegbo were incongruous, inhuman and thus, unacceptable. Hon Offor Chukwuegbo is a leader per Excellence who would also be a good Governor for the state.
They however, enjoined other federal legislators, to emulate the Lawmaker while also urging him, to do more.
“We call upon all other legislators from the zone and Enugu state chapter, to emulate the leadership styles of Hon Offor Chukwuegbo, in ensuring that the dividends of democracy, gets to the grassroot as politics is local and not overly, an elite affairs”.